How To Care For Linen | Manufacture de Lin
CARING FOR YOUR LINEN GARMENTS
Our garments are made in a small studio in Kyiv, Ukraine with the best quality European linen. We hope they can last for years and with careful care, they can.
- You can do hand or machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water, no spin-drying.
- Please always separate dark and white clothes.
- For this type of clothes line drying is preferred, however if tumble drying, use a low heat setting.
- It's better to remove from dryer or line slightly
- damp to avoid over-dry.
- Air drying is best for the longevity of your linen fabric, but it can leave it a bit stiff.
- Linen doesn’t like to be exposed to direct sunlight!
- Please don’t wring out your linen clothing. If you want to get rid of water, just put them on a drying reck or place them on a padded hanger completely flat. And be careful with the regular clothespins — they will markup the fabric.
- We think it's best to iron linen fabric when it’s still slightly damp. Do it on the seamy side.
- Embrace the wrinkles! Natural crinkled texture of linen is even attractive, however, if you prefer a smoother texture, then use a low heat setting.
- Rule number one: no direct sunlight. Store in a dry and cool place. Your clothes will stay healthy and new if you let them breathe. Better hang them on the coat hangers. If you fold your linen and put some other clothes on top, it can wrinkle a lot.